Students must qualify the MBBS admission test conducted by the Director General of Health Services (DGHS).
Eligible candidates need to apply in the prescribed form available from the Principal’s Office of universal Medical College. Merit position of all applicants will be prepared and the top listed candidates will be selected.
The full merit list will be posted in the Notice board and our College web-site.
PROSPECTUS & APPLICATION FORMS
Dates of availability are advertised in national dailies and posted on our website.
Free studentship is provided to 5% of the total admitted students. Those who want to avail this opportunity need to apply in a separate application form available in the Principal’s office.
Development, Tuition and other fees payable at the time of admission has been fixed at taka Eighteen lacs only. All payments are to be made in full at the time of admission.
Monthly tuition fees have been fixed at Tk eight thousand only. Tuition fees for one month shall be payable at the time of admission. Subsequently tuition fees are payable on a monthly basis. But one can pay in advance for any number of months. Students who fail to pass their final professional examination will not have to pay the prescribed tuition fees for the period beyond five years. Except for University fees (payable to Dhaka University), no other fees in whatever form will be claimed by the College.
Admission Result: MBBS admission result 2019
A foreign applicant must fulfill the following conditions and requirements in order to be considered for admission at universal Medical College (UMC) or in other medical colleges (government & private) of Bangladesh:
- The applicant/candidate must pass the Secondary and Higher Secondary School Certificate (SSC and HSC) examinations or equivalent examinations namely O and A levels. The SSC and HSC or equivalent certificates (O and A level) must be attested by the ministry of Foreign Affairs of the respective country.
- The minimum academic eligibility criteria for admission in medical colleges are GPA 7.0 for SSC+HSC and GPA 3.5 in Biology.
- An Application should be made through Bangladesh High Commission/Embassy. Theapplication form is available from August/September onwards at the Bangladesh High Commission/Embassy of the respective country. The candidate must mention the name of medical college of his choice in the application form. Application should be submitted to Bangladesh High Commission/Embassy Office with a demand draft (DD) of US$ 60.00 (sixty) only made payable to Director, Medical Education HMPD, DGHS, Mohakhali, Dhaka.
- If the candidate’s choice is UMC, the student is required to fill up the Foreign Students’ application form of UMC (available at our website: ). Photocopies of the passport, SSC/HSC certificates should be furnished with application. This will help us to track the application in DGHS office.
- Based on the application form submitted in the Bangladesh HC/Embassy, the DGHS (Director General of Health Services) office will determine the eligibility for admissionat UMC or in medical colleges of Bangladesh. If found eligible, the application will be sent to UMC or to respective medical colleges of choice. Once this procedure is completed, only then, UMC will provide you an official offer letter of admission.
- Regarding Fee structure for foreign students at UMC – the student need to pay a one-time Admission fee of US $ 27,000 (twenty seven thousand) and subsequently, a monthly tuition fee of US $ 250 (two hundred fifty)till the student is allowed to sit in the Final Professional Exam which is 60 months. Therefore, a total fee for 5 years is US $ 42,000.00 (US$ 27000.00+US$15000.00). There is no additional fee except to pay for the four University Examination fees only which are nominal and to be paid to the Dhaka University and not to UMC. The admission fee varies in different private medical colleges. Our fee is the lowest among the private medical colleges.
- Hostel accommodation cost for foreign student is the same as Bangladeshi students which is Tk. 5000.00 per month exclusive of amount mentioned above.Food and other subsistence cost are around Tk. 5000.00 per month. Foreign students’ accommodation is also available at the International Hostel for Foreign Students of Dhaka University.
Necessary Papers For Admission [PDF]
Merit List & Waiting List [PDF]
All medical students should follow the international code of Medical ethics. The oath of Hippocrates and Geneva declaration must be known to all students of Medical science.
The Oath of Hippocrates
- I swear by Apollo Physician and Asclepius and Hygieia and Panaceia and all the gods and goddesses, making them my witnesses, that I will fulfill according to my ability and judgment this oath and this covenant:
- To hold him who has taught me this art as equal to my parents and to live my life in partnership with him, and if he is in need of money to give him a share of mine, and to regard his offspring as equal to my brothers in male lineage and to teach them this art-if they desire to learn it-without fee and covenant; to give a share of precepts and oral instruction and all the other learning to my sons and to the sons of him who has instructed me and to pupils who have signed the covenant and have taken an oath according to the medical law, but no one else.
- I will apply dietetic measures for the benefit of the sick according to my ability and judgment; I will keep them from harm and injustice.
- I will neither give a deadly drug to anybody who asked for it, nor will I make a suggestion to this effect. Similarly I will not give to a woman an abortive remedy. In purity and holiness I will guard my life and my art.
- I will not use the knife, not even on sufferers from stone, but will withdraw in favor of such men as are engaged in this work.
- Whatever houses I may visit, I will come for the benefit of the sick, remaining free of all intentional injustice, of all mischief and in particular of sexual relations with both female and male persons, be they free or slaves.
- What I may see or hear in the course of the treatment or even outside of the treatment in regard to the life of men, which on no account one must spread abroad, I will keep to myself, holding such things shameful to be spoken about.
- If I fulfill this oath and do not violate it, may it be granted to me to enjoy life and art, being honored with fame among all men for all time to come; if I transgress it and swear falsely, may the opposite of all this be my lot.