- Name of course: Bachelor Of Medicine & Bachelor Of Surgery ( MBBS )
- Basic Qualification & Prerequisite For Entrance In MBBS Course :
- HSC or equivalent with science. ( biology, physics, chemistry )
- Candidate has to secure required grade point in the SSC & HSC Examination
- Student selection procedure for MBBS course: according to decision by the proper competent authority as per merit.
- Medium of instruction: English.
Duration: MBBS course comprises of 5 years, followed by logbook based rotatory internship for one year
Course Structure & Duration
The MBBS course is divided into 4 phases
Forensic Medicine & Toxicology
|Second Professional MBBS Examination
Pharmacology & Therapeutics
|Third Professional MBBS Examination
|Medicine & Allied Subjects
Surgery & Allied Subjects
Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Teaching & learning methods :
- Large group ( lecture, seminar )
- Small group ( tutorial, demonstration, student interaction, problem based learning )
- Practical session ( by practical manual 0
- Field placement ( community based medical education )
- Clinical teaching ( in ward , OPD, OT, POW, ED, ICU )
- Integrated Teaching
Common Rules :
- University professional examination to be started from may & November
- University professional examination will be completed within the specified time of the concerned phase .
- No carry on system before passing 1st professional examination .
- After passing 1st professional examination students can appear for 2nd professional examination if all other prerequisites for 2nd professional examination are fulfilled . in the mean time students can attend clinical ward placement , teaching learning .
- To appear 3rd professional examination students have to pass all the subjects of previous 2nd professional examination if all other prerequisites are fulfilled . in the mean time students can attend clinical ward placement , teaching learning .students can also attend the classes of subjects of 4th phase .
To appear 4th ( final ) professional examination students have to pass all the subjects of previous 3rd professional examination if all other prerequisites are fulfilled . in the mean time students can attend clinical ward placement , teaching learning .
First Professional Examination :
Second Professional Examination:
Third Professional Examination:
Final Professional Examination:
After passing final professional MBBS examination students have to enroll for one year log book based rotatory internship programme . within this one year 11 month & 15 days at medical college hospital and 15 days at UHC . internship programme will be more structured and supervised. It is compulsory to complete internship training programme designed bt BM&DC to get permanent registration for doing independent practice .